Sometimes we don’t know where we are going until we arrive at the place we want to be. (It’s deep, I know…don’t get lost in the trees, keep reading)
Hello, my name is Gwenevere, and that folks is how my foodie story begins…. It doesn’t. I can’t say exactly how I got here. I just know that this is where I am and I like it. The most important thing you need to know about me is that I’m a foodie.
There I said it! I am a foodie. I like food ok? I mean besides HAVING to have it to survive and all, I actually like lots of other things about it too, like how it changes when it’s cooked and how it effects change, physically and emotionally when eaten and so much more. My most vivid memories have food associated with them, like the juice blend I was given to drink while in recovery after the birth of my second child- oh it was sooooo good! Someday I’ll find the mixologist who concocted that little piece of heaven and thank her/him with all my heart, then beg for the blend ratios…Anyway I find food fascinating and in an effort to share my fascination with everyone, I have started this food blog.
Where my goal is to make the idea of slipping on your apron and spending some quality time in your kitchen, a little more…appealing!
When I’m not planning my next culinary adventure or blogging about my most resent one, I can be found trying to teach my 4 kids to keep their rooms clean, working from home for a downtown Indianapolis law firm, reading, sewing, writing, singing karaoke or thinking about going for a run. Unlike other foodies on the web, I do NOT have a fancy camera and I’m NOT meticulously organized, (or organized at all really) and I’m ok with all that because it’s about the food right? (I’ll keep telling myself that anyway.)
Lets see is there anything else you might want to know about me…
· I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS or Mormon). My religion does not define me; it’s a tool I use to help me define myself.
· I’m married to BOY (that is the nickname that stuck when my roommates and I gave it to him when we met in college).
· All of my kids (Roo, Ren, Fish & Mister) have at least one food allergy that can get them priority seating at the nearest ER (nuts, milk, eggs and soy).
· I have a family history of late onset Type 1 Diabetes.
· My DVR is full of shows from the Food Network.
· I like the idea of owning a variety of mismatched plates and table linens although currently I only own the 2 sets I received from my wedding.
Okay, I think that’s more than enough. Lets get to the food already!
Photo’s courtesy of Ruby Rock Spring Image and Design